CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
- To direct and foresee all aspects of the Finance & accounting functions of the Company
- To manage budgets and strategic projections and ensure the assets of the company are safe guarded by managing the revenues collected and controlling the payment of liabilities as well as handling the credit and monitoring the risk.
- To analyze financial information and prepare and manage periodic financial and management accounts and reports, to determine or maintain record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, or other financial activities within an organization.
- To meet external requirements of auditors, regulatory bodies, actuaries and related stakeholders accurately, efficiently and within set deadlines.
Finance and Accounting
- Driving the Company’s financial planning.
- Provide the Board & Executive Management with advice on the financial implications of business activities.
- Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities.
- Perform effective risk management by analyzing the Company’s liabilities and investments and plan the Company’s financial strategy.
- Decide on investment strategies by considering cash and liquidity risks.
- Manage the process for financial forecasting, budgets and reporting to the Company.
- Control and evaluate the Company’s fundraising plans and capital structure.
- Ensure credibility of the Company by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends and forecasts.
- Protect the Company’s revenues and profits to achieve full financial control and sustainable growth.
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with applicable laws, Company policies, regulatory requirements and rules for financial and tax reporting.
- Ensure cash flow is appropriate for the Company’s operations.
- Set up and oversee the Company’s finance IT system.
- Supervise all finance personnel
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- 100% Compliance with legal, industry and statutory frameworks
- Increased returns on investments made
- 100% accurate and current records in all aspects
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance or related field. MBA is desirable
- CPA (K) or ACCA
- 15+ years experience, 5 of which must have been in progressively financial leadership roles, preferably in insurance or banking industry
Skills and competencies
- Proven experience as a Chief Financial Officer
- In depth knowledge of corporate financial law and risk management practices
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
- Ability to strategize and solve problems
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization and with staff at remote locations (branches) essential.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- Must be well-versed in all aspects of financial management ranging from simple accounting to broad investment and finance operations.