GRADUATE TRAINEE PROGRAM
GRADUATE TRAINEE PROGRAM
Do you want to:
- Work with market leaders with a presence in over 8 countries?
- Develop your skills and specialize in an area you are passionate about?
- Gain a global market perspective?
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
CDL Graduate Trainee Program is a Talent Development Program, which is designed to recruit, train and develop young graduates and groom them for international careers. With over 10 years of experience in the industry and operations in over 8 countries, CDL creates the right environment to learn fast, gain knowledge, experience and grow them in their passion and position the young graduates for career success.
The Graduate Trainee program is a three-month program designed to prepare future leaders to assume challenging responsibilities and prepare them for business leadership roles. The program encompasses rotations across departments in an accelerated learning environment with 3+ rotations, which enables graduates to start their successful careers at CDL or at one of our partnering clients. The program begins in February and August of every year. Promising young graduates are presented with the opportunity to gain expertise in a chosen area of specialization. With ambition and high performance, these trainees will be able to grow, develop and progress in their careers.
This program aims to ensure the career growth and development of local talent, who will impact not just our organization but the industry at large. CDL is looking for bright, promising and well-rounded individuals, who caon combine their intellect with teamwork and leadership competencies.
Each trainee will be tasked with a program assignment at the beginning of a new rotation that is due by the end of the rotation (2nd month). Each assignment will take place in a department/site that is of strategic importance to CDL.
Trainees will be hired in an area of their preference in which they are expected to demonstrate growth and will grow in other areas on the job training. CDL will additionally provide trainees with monthly skill training and weekly feedback on their performance to allow our trainees to develop their strengths and channel former weaknesses into present strengths, to give them the competitive advantage needed in the workplace.
Trainees will be challenged to deliver their best and to broaden their expertise by learning how the different departments interact at CDL. Depending on a given trainee’s project, they will also co-operate with other functional areas.
CDL will identify graduates with winning attitude and high potential for leadership across a number of disciplines. Upon completion of the three-month program, successful candidates will have the opportunity to be absorbed into CDL or one of our clients across various industries.
GRADUATE MANAGEMENT TRAINEE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree (Second Upper) from a recognized University. First Class honors will be an added advantage.
- Fresh graduate or must have graduated within the last 1 year from the date of the advert.
- Excellent communication skills
- An exceptional achiever in extracurricular activities will be of added advantage.
- Work experience: Not more than 1 year.
- Sales & Marketing
- Procurement & Supply Chain Management
- Business Development
- Human Resource & Operations
- Public Relations & Communications
- Quality Management
Successful trainees will be issued with a mentor and coach at the beginning of the program. The role of the coach is to guide on daily activities while your mentor will help you achieve long term development and success. While the coaches will vary with the individual department the trainee will be reporting to, the mentor remains in place throughout the length of the Graduate Trainee Program.
- The Coach
The trainees will be assigned a coach, who is a line manager in a given department who will work with the graduate trainee daily. The coach defines the tasks and objectives together with the trainee at the beginning of each rotation. Throughout the program, trainees acquire knowledge and experience and they are assessed as they receive ongoing feedback on their performance.
- The Mentor
The trainees will be assigned to a mentor, i.e. a senior manager who is responsible for the trainee throughout the program. CDL’s mentors will share experiences with the trainees that will guide them in the creation and development of their career and life goals. It’s CDL’s aim that both mentor and trainee expectations are met. The mentor will, at their discretion, invite their trainee into some of the meetings, phone conferences and client projects.
GRADUATE MANAGEMENT TRAINEE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- To work with other managers to plan and direct the work of trainees
- To receive on-the-job training and formal training related to the rotational experience.
- To work in different departments to gain perspective of the business as a whole.
- To attend periodic evaluations.
- To prepare reports for management as and when required.
- To identify trends and recommend proactive or remedial action to manage business situations.
- To work with and through management to develop and implement actions that protect company assets and promote profitability.